Apartments, with their numerous benefits, are perfect for living, Nowadays apartment complexes provide various facilities such as a pool, tennis court, laundry services, security, playground, regular maintenance, lawn care, scheduled pest control, etc., everything in-house makes life easier. If you also live in an apartment and wondering where does pest control spray in apartments then maybe we can provide you the best answer.
It is very common that people living in Apartments avoid Pest control treatment due to the complex structures, density, and sometimes due to thinking about others. Meanwhile, in most of the apartments, Pest control solution gets sprayed on the outside only, But it doesn’t mean that the pest control company can’t provide inside service in the apartment. You just have to request inside service by sharing the pest-related problems with your apartment manager, and after examining the problem, he/ she will contact any Pest Control Service Provider, definitely.
Here in this article, we are providing some important information regarding the pest control spray in apartments with some tips and we will also tell you that where they got sprayed usually in an apartment area.
Is Pest Control the Responsibility of the Tenant or Landlord?
It is the bigger and more common question than the where does pest control spray in apartments, and the answer is a bit complicated, in most of the cases dealing with pests in external areas of the apartment block such as the hallway, courtyard, entryway, etc. will be the responsibility of the landlord, whereas pest problems in the internal area mean your unit/ apartment will be the responsibility of the tenant.
However, it can be different depending on the type of pest, area, region or the guideline or document you signed while buying the apartment.
Recommended: Professional Pest Control vs DIY
How to Prepare your Apartment for the Pest Control Spray?
It’s totally up to you whether you go or stay in your apartment during the spray work, but for your own safety, you can stay away for some time. However, there are a few things, you need to take care of.
- If you are having pets, make sure that they are secured in a kennel or area where pest control spray can’t reach. There are two benefits of that, first, your pets will be safe and second, the pest control technician can work without any disturbance.
- Make sure that you organize all the stuff laying around, thus the technicians will not have any problem in reaching corners and almost every part of your apartment.
- Make sure to remove food items from the area or put them in some air-tight containers.
- Put away wastages and anything fragile, put it away so it doesn’t have to be moved.
- Keep the apartment clean.
What to Expect?
Usually, the process of spraying, pest control solutions is very quick. You can expect the pest control technicians to be in your apartment for around 10 minutes. They’ll inspect everything and with their experience, they know exactly where does pest control spray in apartments is needed, they’ll find all the hot spots and then they will spray the pesticide or chemical. As per requirement, they may also set the bait and traps in addition to spraying. That’s it, your apartment is now protected from all the further pest problems and evasion.
Depending on their inspection and how many bugs they find, they can come back and repeat the process in a few weeks to retreat the apartment.
How Often Should Pest Control be Done?
if you’re not dealing with any pest infestations inside your apartment then you can expect to be treated either quarterly or in between 6 months. But if you are living in an area where pest infestation is very common and it takes a dangerous look then you can consider calling a pest control company on a monthly basis. However, How Often Should Pest Control be Done depends on various things such as the pest type, how bad it affects, how effective the last treatment was, etc. In case of rodents and termites, you can’t take a risk because they can cause some serious harm to your health and to the structure of the apartment.
Pest Control Tips for Apartments:
To control pest at home or apartment, You can follow some of the pest prevention measurements, some of them are listed below:
- Keep kitchen area clean and dry
- Wash dishes after every use and put away
- To get rid of any little food crumbs wipe down counter tops
- Rinse and dry sinks every night
- Wipe down appliances and empty toaster crumb trays,
- On a regular basis even daily sweep the floor to get rid of crumbs
- Mop at least once a week to remove spilled liquids and food particles
- Use a trash can with a tight lid.
- Get rid of clutter.
- Don’t make a clutter of cardboard boxes.
- Keep important or blank papers in secure containers, and eliminate unneeded papers.
- Do not to put anything under your bed or sofa unless it is in a secure container.
- Get rid of any unused items, because they can provide shelter to pests.
- Check for moisture problems periodically.
- Fix leakage problem.
- Fix cracks and cover hiding spots.
- Check for “sweating pipes”.
- Search for and fix any leaky faucets.
- Block the entry points and gaps.
- Ensure all fly screens are fitted.
- Keep the apartment clean or if it is the manager’s responsibility then keep them updated.
- Keep the entry points closed as much as possible.
Also Read: How to Control Pests at Home?
Reliable Pest Control for Apartments
Some pests are stubborn creatures and they will be coming back if the area remains untreated despite all your cleaning efforts. The most effective way to get rid of them and keeping them away from your apartment is hiring a trusted pest control company to accurately identify the cause and find where does pest control spray in apartments is needed and then provide a long-lasting solution.
If you’re looking for a reliable pest control company to provide pest control in an apartment or for an apartment complex in and around Sydney, Pest Control Corp is ready to help you. Pest Control Corp is located in Sydney and we provide Residential, Commercial, Strata Pest control services at reasonable costs. Give us a call today at 02-8123-0986 for a free quote!